Try this lighter version of eggnog that’s all-natural, all vegan, and all so YUMMY! I got this from my health challenge group I am in and thought to share.
I have been wanting a healthier verson of eggnog, I hope you try this out and find it is as good as any you can find in the store. To save on time and energy I bought unsweetened almond milk and used that in place of making my own.
I also like this eggnog because you get some pretty good health benefits from almonds, like vitamin E which is great for brain health and if you are like me, you need all the help you can get. Plus, almond milk doesn’t contain cholesterol or saturated fats and for those who have kidney disease and need to decrease their intake of potassium and phosphorus, almond milk is great for you, so maybe this kind of eggnog will be a good substitute but always check with your healthcare team to make sure.
Prep Time 9 hrs 15 mins Cook Time 0 mins Total Time 9 hrs 15 mins Servings6 servings
- 4 cups raw almonds
- Filtered water for soaking almonds
- 8 cups filtered water
( If you are not making your own almond milk, use 6 cups of unsweetened almond milk)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- 1½ tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp . rum extract (or to taste)**
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Rinse and drain soaked almonds.
- Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.*
- Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
1. *Solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225° F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
2. **You can hold off on the rum extract if you think the kids won’t like it, and then add a few drops to your individual glass of eggnog.
3. Vegan eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Eggnog”
Vegan eggnog is lovely. Thank you 😊🌍
You are welcome and thank you for checking out my recipe.