From the accent times to now people have used essential oils in all aspects of their life. I will touch on just six that have wonderful benefits for they have for skin.
The first is Lavender, this one is a great oil to start with. Not only is it a multipurpose oil but it is gentle enough for all skin types. I will give a few ways on how to use this oil for your skin.
- Simple way to try this oil is add a drop or two to you facial moisturizer. This will give you a mini facial.
- A great body scrub, use coconut oil, sugar and a couple drops of lavender oil. The amount you use is up to you depending on your taste.
- If a spa is what you want to go for then use Epsom salt and again its up to you on the amount, then start with adding 2-6 drops of lavender oil in you bath water with the Epsom salt.
The next oil is Frankincense, this oil has been sought after for so many centuries and regarded as a sacred oil. This oil is also for all skin types but is very beneficial for rejuvenating and moisturizing skin so this is so wonderful for more mature skin.
- To boost your skin’s radiance after cleansing put a drop or two on your finger rubbing into you skin,then apply moisturizer.
The 3rd oil is Cedarwood this too is good for all skin types and one that is great not only for skin but your hair as well, this will nourish your skin and hair.
1. Add 2-6 drops to your favorite lotions, it is totally up to you on the amount. This oil has a woody fragrance so go slow and add as you feel is best.
2. Since Cedarwood is great for hair/scalp mix 5-8 drops into coconut oil massage into scalp 30-60 minutes before showering. wash and rinse as normal.
3.Add 3-4 drops to a bowl of hot water, put your face over the bowl with a towel over your head then breath deeply for a few minutes. This will open your pores giving you a facial and with this calming aroma it has a soothing affect for you to enjoy.
The Fourth oil is Tea Tree oil, this is wonderful for oily skin because of cleansing properties that it has.
- Use as a spot treatment by putting on a few drops to a cotton swab apply to problem areas.
- Add 1-2 drops to your shampoo lather let sit for a few minutes, you will feel is working. Rinse as usual.
Now number five, Geranium oil, this is for all skin types but really helps all those who suffer with dry skin. This oil helps sooth and tone skin but will not dry the skin out.
- Use 1-2 drops to a face mask (I will put a DYI mask on my blog that will work great with this)
- Put 4-5 drops in two oz of water then spray on for a revitalizing effect.
For the last of the six but not the least is Ylang Ylang this is a uplifting fragrance oil that is good for all skin types but works really well on dry or mature skin to revitalize and moisturize.
- Add several drops in to a carrier oil, one of many is coconut oil. Apply this combination to the skin. For better results massage into the skin.
- Add 2-3 drops to your bath water.
- This oil is fine if applied directly to your skin. You may apply 1-2 drops or as needed to your skin and moisturize as normal.
I enjoy learning about oils and how to use them, I learn from many different books but one useful source that I use a lot is Youngliving and that is because I am a distributor with them and like the seed to seal promise they give but the information I have is not bias to them. It can be backed up by other sources and you may use what oils you find best.