I know winter foods can sometimes be less colorful than the beautiful and fresh foods of Summer, but I found part of this recipe on my fitness streaming service (Beachbody) and yes, even with me changing somethings by adding or taking away items it got me thinking of a nice winter Buda bowl. This winter bowl is not only full of color but so very tasty with 15 grams of protein and is loaded with fiber.
Plus, with this being the Monday after the Super Bowl maybe we should call this a superbowl wink wink with winners all around because you get a nice healthy dinner after all the Super Bowl party eating you may have done.
Sheet pan veggie bowl:
Prep time 20 minutes Cook Time 35
- 3 medium beets, peeled, sliced
- 2 small, sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- ½ tsp. ground cumin, divided use
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ medium avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups kale spring mix
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Place beets, sweet potato and Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with ½ tsp. oil, salt and pepper (if desired).
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes; stir.
- While vegetables are baking make dressing by placing avocado, lime juice, remaining 3 tsp. oil, garlic, onion powder, cumin, and salt in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside. (If it’s to firm add just a little water)
- Evenly divide rice, quinoa between four serving bowls. Evenly top with kale spring mix, chickpeas, roasted vegetables, dressing, almonds, and sunflower seeds and if desired goat cheese, then serve immediately and enjoy.