I enjoy cinnamon sugar donuts all year but there’s just something about this time of year I enjoy them even more, so when I found this recipe, I knew I had to make them and share how it went. As much as I thrive on coming up with new healthy recipes I can’t help and share when I find one already for me to try and being a Beachbody coach I have a lot of healthy reacipes at my disposale. (not a bad perk)
I also use their shake because I have found it is the only one that works for me but we all are different and what may work for me, well may not for you. In this recipe it does call for 2 scoops of shakeology which is a protien powder but also encoporates vitamins, minerals and supper foods but you may substatue a protein powder of your choice, I’m not sure how they may taste but please let me know if you swap it and how it goes.
These decadent little snakes have all the seasoning and flavor of fall without all the stuff that is not good for us. Instead, not only do they have protein powder but coconut and dates. Dates are great for energy and brain function as well as fiber, antioxidants, helps with anemia and a lot more. I think you get the point that these little donut hole snacks pack a punch of healthy but tasty goodness.
No-Bake Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 0 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Servings 14 servings, 1 ball each
Calories 130 kcal
- ⅓ cup whole almonds
- ½ cup + 1½ tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut, divided use
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ tsp. coconut (or palm) sugar
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey (or Plant-Based Vegan) Shakeology
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 7 whole Medjool dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. + 1½ tsp. honey
- Place 1½ tsp. coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in food processor; process for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Place remaining ½ cup coconut in food processor; process for 1 minute to release oils.
- Add almonds, Shakeology, extract, and salt; pulse until well blended.
- Add dates; process until well blended.
- Add honey; process until well blended.
- Roll into 14 balls, about 1-inch in diameter each. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days